Clean, Colorful & Calm: Fixing Up Your Apartment To Sell
Appearances, appearances, appearances. If you are thinking of selling your apartment and want to know if you can get more money for it if you put in a little elbow grease and fix it up, this article, How to Get the Most When It's Time to Sell, is for you. This wonderfully written tale of a husband and wife fixing up their home under the tutelage of an interior designer is a must read. The bottom line?
[We sold] our house for $489,000, which was $10,000 less than our asking price, but more than Joanne [the broker] had thought we would get. She estimated that the staging had added more than $50,000 to the value of our house. Our final bill from John and Alan [the designers] (reachable at 215-339-0444) was $948.22.
REAL ESTATE LINKS
- Open house hunting in the 400k range (Korijane via Curbed)
- Home prices hard to track, Greenspan says (Bloomberg via NYTimes)
- W Hotel to build on Jersey side (NYPost)
- New loan products give buyers plenty of options (NYPost)
- Julia Robert's West Village co-op back on the market...for $4.9m (Observer)